- Commitment starts in the mind – much before it finds a visible translation . It is about things we consider are appropriate & need to be done ; however it doesn’t become a commitment until our heart buys in – when it becomes , things we want to do
- Without involvement ( of heart ) it’s actually a non sustainable ritual we force ourselves into
- Commitments need to be strongly rooted in our underlying beliefs , without which it cannot sustain
- Actions which we commit to , become ‘ systemic ‘ … something which we neither need to push ourselves hard on or those we need to be reminded on .
- In a way commitment , is parallel to being between the stages of conscious competence to unconscious competence .
- Commitment is binary : It’s either there ( 100 % ) or not there ( 0 % ) , anything less than 100 % is ‘ trying ‘ , not a commitment
- Just as in relationships , in tasks too it’s not possible to be committed to many at the same time . This is where we need top prioritise depending on what we need & what we want .
- Following through on commitments is important to build confidence , trust , credibility
- To be able to commit to anything , we need to first commit to ourselves & our well being .
Following are some of ‘ free flowing thoughts ‘ …. they are expressions from the fields of my feels & creative imagination . Disclaimer is that this is neither a researched scientific theory nor a validated postulation … These thoughts may have a potential of being true but we don’t know as yet . Currently they are purely ‘ interesting thoughts ‘ for reading
o Wisdom is one . ‘ Individual wisdom ‘ if any , is a part of one ‘ Universal wisdom ‘
o Wisdom ( on a particular matter ) expresses itself on different tracks / streams of life like Science , culture , literature , philosophy , religion , common sense …. Whatever path ; it is my conviction & experience that it will ( on that matter ) always & should converge
o e.g. Einstein’s take on : “ Energy is neither created nor destroyed , it merely changes form “ is exactly same as prehistoric understanding in Hindu philosophy on Soul …. Universal Soul is neither created not destroyed , it takes different forms / shapes . One inside each living being is a part of that greater soul which eventually merges when it leaves a body .
# Wisdom is Universal — within & around
o It’s connecting the ‘ inner space ‘ with the ‘ outer space ‘ for download / update .
o It’s like internet , ‘ cloud ‘ which is invisible , but everywhere – unlimited in space ; like internet we need to connect / tap into it . Whenever we have been able to ‘ connect ‘ we get downloads – though being able to connect is the challenge . Some can do it some time , some have been able to do it most of the time & some never .
o It’s this space ( cloud ) where effectively all of us can be connected . This is the ‘ Common space ‘ where phenomenon of ‘ signals ‘ , ‘ messages ‘ ‘ intuition ‘ , ‘ tuning into someone’s wavelength’ may be taking place . In fact if two minds have ‘ dialed into ‘ this space , there is a possibility of connecting with each other ; or so to say do a ‘ wireless / blue tooth transfer ‘ of thoughts . It may be that these physical technologies we have ( invented ) have a parallel in these para-human knowledge mechanisms . To stretch this a little further , invention of such technologies may be happening via a wireless transfer from the ‘ cloud of wisdom ‘
These thoughts are my convictions , my personal possessions — they are not purported to be a well researched intellectual theorising — they don’t need to be or even intended to be . That they appear to come from my experience & inner space ( & therefore ‘ real ‘ to me ) & interesting reading is reason enough for me to share with you ALL !
- To me knowledge is at the surface like clothes on body whereas intelligence is more innate / underlining, like constitution ( operative mechanism ) of the body ,
- Knowledge is like ‘ material ‘ can be acquired whereas intelligence is more intrinsic … it can be enhanced / augmented , yet continues to remain sub-level …. all pervasive yet invisible .
- Knowledge is like a feed , fodder … not all of that we like (yet feel necessary to sustain ) not all of that is suitable or applicable to us . The quality of the feed & it’s suitability to one’s constitution will decide how much ‘ nourishment ‘ one would get out of it . Portion of the feed that is not suitable / usable gets ‘ thrown out ‘ …. whereas intelligence is my digestive ability
- Knowledge & Intelligence have a link . Knowledge is ” what is ” , whereas intelligence is ” ability to know , what to do with what is” . While acquisition of knowledge does not need intelligence , we need intelligence to know what to do with the acquired ( or thrust ) knowledge .
- On the other hand application of knowledge also can lead to some learning — which can feed into our ‘ body of intelligence ‘ & enrich it … just like the enrichment we get from the food we eat . Therefore knowledge ( like an appropriate diet ) can become raw material for intelligence .
- Finally , Knowledge may Blow , but Intelligence will ( always ) Glow !
- Intelligence is like gold with it’s intrinsic brightness , knowledge is like a glitter which can add value to the material but being on the surface , can ‘ peel off ‘ & expose , what is inside .
- Responsibility is about ‘ owning up ‘ .When one has it he / she does not need to be told what to do, each time .No amount of checklists , reminders can really make up for the absence of sense of responsibility .
- It’s a position of strength , it presupposes that the control is in your hand . Blaming others is a position of weakness as it presupposes that nothing was in your hand .
- The lever / control center for sense of responsibility is ‘ internal ‘ to us ; it’s when we don’t have ( or lose ) it , we give up control to an ‘ external ‘ source – which is when we blame others .
- Responsibility needs to be self driven – can’t be thrust or given in inheritance — which is when it becomes a burden .
- Sense of responsibility is beyond a transaction – it’s an approach to life .
- Taking responsibility has focus on task accomplishment , blaming which has to do with ‘ explaining ‘ failures – has focus on self ( to absolve ) . Taking responsibility is to want to shape future , blaming is getting stuck in the past .
- Taking responsibility hence begins with self belief .
- As much as lack of sense of responsibility is ; an inflated sense of responsibility too is bad …. it’s where one tends to believe that he/ she is in control of everything in the universe — which is not only untrue , but will not only lead to misplaced arrogance . Like blaming others , self blaming too is negative , it dwells into the past .
- ‘ Being responsible ‘ is needed , not just the ‘ thought of being responsible ‘ , which is just a barren mental burden
This is with a priory disclaimer for other practitioners & Academicians , what I’m going to say below — while it may have been helped by nourishment of prior thoughts from various sources — it may not conform to any ‘ formal definitions ‘ or ‘ technically correct ‘ textbook matter .
I have a habit of doing ‘ Cow chewing model ‘ on my thought process , where I absorb various thoughts , gulp down , bring them up for re chewing –reflect / analyse / connect & assimilate by way of developing ‘ my own understanding ‘ on the subject , in my own words.
Here is the one on coaching — not all of below is original , some certainly is; nevertheless interesting, all the same : 3 things about coaching :
# 3 essential ingredients of coaching are : Coachee, Coach , Coaching ambiance
# 3 founding stones coaching practice should use : Client focus , Action orientation , Capacity building
# 3 As of coaching process :
(i) Awareness : A coach needs to bring in an awareness in the coachee about him/ herself , circumstances , goals & knowledge ( including knowing , what is not known )
(ii) Ascertainment : Help coachee soul search & establish what he/ she really wants / what makes him / her happy , what his / her beliefs , values are , perspective & options
(iii) Action application : No amount of knowledge / wisdom is useful , unless applied in the direction of the desired goal with the necessary passion