- Commitment starts in the mind – much before it finds a visible translation . It is about things we consider are appropriate & need to be done ; however it doesn’t become a commitment until our heart buys in – when it becomes , things we want to do
- Without involvement ( of heart ) it’s actually a non sustainable ritual we force ourselves into
- Commitments need to be strongly rooted in our underlying beliefs , without which it cannot sustain
- Actions which we commit to , become ‘ systemic ‘ … something which we neither need to push ourselves hard on or those we need to be reminded on .
- In a way commitment , is parallel to being between the stages of conscious competence to unconscious competence .
- Commitment is binary : It’s either there ( 100 % ) or not there ( 0 % ) , anything less than 100 % is ‘ trying ‘ , not a commitment
- Just as in relationships , in tasks too it’s not possible to be committed to many at the same time . This is where we need top prioritise depending on what we need & what we want .
- Following through on commitments is important to build confidence , trust , credibility
- To be able to commit to anything , we need to first commit to ourselves & our well being .