When I read in CVs of prospective candidates , I get scared to see liberal use of adjectives like Perfection or Excellence in Communication , because often , the reality is far from it . At most , many oversimplify to equate language proficiency with communication efficacy . Communication is beyond & in fact transcends language boundaries . An excellent communicator may not be bound by grammar of the language . Communication to me is about REACHING …..
- Communication is not about sending , it is about reaching
- Communication is what recipient receives , not what the sender sends . If both are different , try understanding recipient’s mind .
- Establishing communication is about ‘ connecting ‘ . Mechanisms to ‘ send out ‘ message does not ensure connectivity – which has to do with ‘ reaching out ‘
- Communication is not about providing information , it is about creating intended impression
- Success of communication is measured by the change it brings in , vis-à-vis the desired goal , not by who did / did not send what mail to whom and when